Tax Reporting: I already filed my taxes and have received a Corrected Form 1099. What do I do now?

You will have to file an amended tax return to report the information as reported on the corrected Form 1099. As the IRS verifies the information on your tax returns with the 1099s received from banks, brokers and other sources, you may receive a notice from the IRS indicating that your return was filed using incorrect information. Consult your tax or legal advisor for further information.

In compliance with Treasury Department Circular 230, unless stated to the contrary, any information contained in this FAQ was not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer.