Tax reporting: Interest from Money Market Funds

Interest amounts you receive from money market funds are considered dividends and are reported on Form 1099-DIV.  Money market funds are a type of mutual fund and should not be confused with bank money market accounts that pay interest reported on Form 1099-INT. 

Circular 230 Notice: These statements are provided for information purposes only, are not intended to constitute tax advice which may be relied upon to avoid penalties under any federal, state, local or other tax statutes or regulations, and do not resolve any tax issues in your favor.