Tax Reporting: Form 1099-DIV tax information

Generally, individual investors will need to report Form 1099-DIV information on IRS Form 1040, "U.S. Individual Income Tax Return." Depending on the type of information reported on your Form 1099-DIV, you may need to include with Form 1040 additional forms such as Schedule B, "Interest and Ordinary Dividends" Schedule D, "Capital Gains and Losses." and/or Form 1116, "Foreign Tax Credit." All IRS forms are available online free of charge at or by calling the IRS at 800.829.3676 (800/TAX FORM).

In compliance with Treasury Department Circular 230, unless stated to the contrary, any information contained in this FAQ was not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer.