Tax Reporting: Canadian Tax Forms

As a Canadian resident, you may receive:

  • A form T5008 statement of your securities transactions.
  • If you received distributions from trust units, you will receive Form(s) T3.
  • If you received dividends or interest, you will receive Form T5.
  • Québec residents may also receive RL-3, R-16, and RL-18.
  • Non-residents of Canada who receive dividends and/or interest from Canadian securities may receive a Form NR4.

You will also need your annual statement (available mid-February) to calculate your capital gains/losses.

In compliance with Treasury Department Circular 230, unless stated to the contrary, any information contained in this FAQ was not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer.